Here’s a cute rainbow craft to put together for St. Patrick’s Day.
Materials & Supplies you’ll need:
- Colored paper (either card stock or construction paper)
- White paper
- Hole punch (preferably 1/8” hole size)
- Double sided tape (optional)
- Gold glitter (optional)
1) Quarter-fold your white paper. Keep it folded and draw a cloud shape on one side. Then cut the shape out. When you’re done, you should have four cloud pieces. You’ll need just 3 pieces for this project.
2) Flip one of the clouds over (this way the edges will match when you sandwich two together). Glue on some cotton balls. Set aside to dry.
3) Cut a cauldron shape out of black paper. Glue on a four-leaf clover for good luck.
4) Cut a yellow semicircle which is slightly smaller than the opening of the cauldron. To give your pot of gold a sparkly look, glue on some gold glitter. Glue the semicircle to the back of the cauldron so that the yellow peeks out the top. Set aside to dry.
5) To make the rainbow, cut strips of colored paper about 1 ¼” wide. Stack the colored strips and staple them together at one end only. On the unstapled end, cut the orange strip 1” shorter than the red. Cut the rest of the strips in the same manner so you get a staircase effect like this:
Gather the unstapled ends so they are lined up and staple together.
6) Now get two cotton clouds from step 2 and sandwich them to one end of the rainbow with glue or tape.
On the other end of the rainbow, glue or tape the final cloud and your pot of gold.
7) Punch holes in the middle of each color strip. Feed in some string and tie a knot under the rainbow. Hang your creation by a window.
Don’t forget to wear some green this Saturday. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!