It’s pretty adorable when you find your kids sitting in the laundry basket pretending they’re fishing. With our next craft, let’s help them row their boat into a stream of alphabet fish.
Supplies you'll need:
- Felt, assorted colors
- Alphabet stickers (foam stickers used here)
- Safety pins
- Craft jewels
- Glitter glue
- Clothespin, small
- Stick or dowel
- Cut the felt into fish shapes.
- Decorate with jewels and glitter glue. Stick a letter onto each fish. Allow glue to dry.
- Pin a safety pin near each fish’s mouth.
- Tie a piece of string around one end of the stick. Thread the other end through the metal spring and tie a knot. Clip on a magnet and you’re ready to fish!
Here are just a couple of game ideas for these fish. For younger kids, have them recite the letter after each catch. Make a few more vowels to turn it into a spelling game for older kids. We’d love to hear what games you come up with. Let us know by leaving a comment. And remember, another great way to help your little ones pick up the ABCs is through our app, Interactive Alphabet
. You can download it at the App Store