Kids love dress up time! And this craft will add another item to their treasure trove of costumes without breaking the bank.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Paper grocery bag
- Poster paint
- Cut the bottom out of a paper grocery bag and keep for later. If the bag has handles, remove them and keep.
- Cut the bag open and fold in half. Draw a wing shape and cut out.
- Open up the wings and paint. Since this is such a large piece, we headed outside to paint.
- Also paint the handles or bottom cut out from step 1. Allow to dry and if your kiddos can wait, decorate the other side of the wings.
- Cut two 1” strips from the bottom of the bag. These will become the handles your child will grab onto. Compare the wings to your child’s arm span. Create a loop with the strips and staple the handles to about where your child’s palms would be.
The best place to test these wings out is at a park where your little birds can fly free.