We’ve got another fun use for foam take-out containers. In a previous post, we made stamps. This time we’re making airplanes!
- First cut out the tops and bottoms out of the container so you have flat pieces.
- The simplest way to make a symmetrical shape is to make a stencil out of paper. Cut the paper the same size as your foam piece and fold in half. Draw on half of your design then cut out.
- You can then trace the stencil shape onto a foam piece.
- Cut that piece out and then tape a dime or penny about an inch away from the plane’s nose.
- Cut two slits on each wing for the rudders.
- Finally, to make a handle to grip onto the plane, fold the middle portion of a piece of tape then stick it to the middle of the plane. Now the plane is complete and ready to fly.
These are the planes we designed:
Fly high and have fun!