Your little ones will love putting a Dancing Puppet together and will find hours of enjoyment afterwards.
Here’s what supplies you’ll need:
- Card stock
- Crayons or pens
- Metal fasteners/brads
- Hole punch
- Bamboo skewer
1. Once you’ve gathered your materials, fold a piece of card stock in half. Draw and color your subject so that a portion of its head is close to the fold. Monkeys always make a good subject but if you’re not in the mood to draw, the Scarecrow from our previous craft works great too.
2. Next, cut your body piece out but keep some of the fold intact. Cut the limbs out too. Then flip the pieces over and draw your subject again.
3. Fold the body back up and punch holes where the limbs will be fastened. Open the body up and tape the skewer (pointy side up) onto the bottom half.
4. Punch a hole at the end of each limb. Then fold the body up and insert each limb in between the front and back. Secure it with a fastener.
5. When securing the fasteners be sure to keep the tabs loose.
Loose tabs ensure good movement for when it’s time to dance!