Itâ€™s pretty adorable when you find your kids sitting in the laundry basket pretending theyâ€™re fishing.Â With our next craft, letâ€™s help them row their boat into a stream of alphabet fish.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Felt, assorted colors
- Alphabet stickers (foam stickers used here)
- Safety pins
- Craft jewels
- Glitter glue
- Clothespin, small
- Stick or dowel
- Cut the felt into fish shapes.
- Decorate with jewels and glitter glue.Â Stick a letter onto each fish.Â Allow glue to dry.
- Pin a safety pin near each fishâ€™s mouth.
- Tie a piece of string around one end of the stick.Â Thread the other end through the metal spring and tie a knot.Â Clip on a magnet and youâ€™re ready to fish!
Here are just a couple of game ideas for these fish.Â For younger kids, have them recite the letter after each catch.Â Make a few more vowels to turn it into a spelling game for older kids.Â Weâ€™d love to hear what games you come up with.Â Let us know by leaving a comment.Â And remember, another great way to help your little ones pick up the ABCs is through our app, Interactive Alphabet. You can download it at the App Store!