Kids will get a kick out of seeing these balloons come to life.Â They donâ€™t take a long time to put together but require the furnace fan to be on.
Supplies youâ€™ll need:
- Balloons (preferably small ones)
- Permanent markers
- Tissue paper
- Card stock
- Tape (preferably double-sided)
- Furnace vent
- Prepare your balloon’s shoes by cutting a shoe shape out of card stock.Â Use this shape as a stencil.Â Trace the stencil once and flip the stencil over.Â Line the bottoms of the shoes and trace a second time.Â Cut the whole piece out leaving the bottoms of the shoes intact.Â Like this: Use this piece as a stencil to make a second shoe.
- Fold each piece in half.Â
- Cut tissue paper into 2 rectangles about 5â€ x 1 Â½â€.Â Tape a piece into each shoe.Â
- Time to prepare the balloons, blow a balloon up and tie it shut.Â Draw on a face with permanent markers.
- Tape legs on to balloon and set it on a furnace vent.
- Flip the furnace fan on and watch them go.
Turn some music on and join in the fun!