Mini Rockets & Launch Pad
You mightâ€™ve noticed how we like to repurpose items typically found around the house.Â With this craft, weâ€™ll reuse a juice box as a rocket launch pad.Â And as an added bonus, your little ones will get plenty of practice counting backwards. Let’s begin!
Supplies youâ€™ll need:
- Juice box (Be sure to drink up the juice first.)
- Straw, regular size, bendy kind
- Fine markers (optional)
- To prepare your mini rockets, cut your paper into 1Â¼â€ squares.Â Youâ€™ll want to make a lot as they are pretty delicate and get lost easily.
- Wrap a square around the tip of the straw and leave about a Â¼â€ off the straw.Â Fold the excess paper over the tip.Â Make sure each fold is next to each other and not on the opposite ends.Â This will ensure an air tight seal.Â
- You can decorate your rocket at this stage.Â Then wrap some tape around it.Â Remove the rocket from the straw and make more!
- To make your launch pad.Â Tape some paper around the box and its bottom.Â You can also design the box if you like.Â Just remember it will get pretty dirty if you use this outside. Â Place a straw into the hole of the juice box.Â It might help to pinch the straw end a bit.
Now youâ€™re ready to launch a rocket.Â Place a rocket onto the straw’s tip and stomp on the launch pad.Â 3, 2, 1, blast off!
To reset your launch pad, just blow air back in through the straw. Â No need to worry if you donâ€™t have a juice box.Â You can still launch the rockets by simply blowing into the straw.
p.s. We linked up at this party!