There are a ton of kids out there who would love to have a pet snake.Â But if youâ€™re a parent, like me, who canâ€™t fathom the thought of having any kind of reptile living in your home then youâ€™re sure to love this craft.Â Itâ€™s easy for kids to put together and maybe, temporarily, fulfill your child’s fantasy of owning a snake.
Supplies youâ€™ll need:
- Paper plate Â (the thin, inexpensive kind)
- Water colors
- Wiggly eyes (or anything that can be used as eyes)
- Construction paper
- Box, medium size (optional)
- Paint a unique pattern on top of your plate and allow to dry.Â You can paint the bottom of the plate too if you like.
- Once dry, starting from the outer rim of the plate, draw a spiral.Â Make sure when you get to the center, your last circle should resemble your snakeâ€™s head.Â Cut the spiral out.Â
- Glue eyes to the snakeâ€™s head.
- Cut out a tongue shape from red construction paper and glue it to the bottom of the snakeâ€™s head.Â Allow to dry.
- This step is optional. Â Cut the flaps off of a box.Â Set up your snakeâ€™s habitat by lining it with construction paper.Â Set a stick up in the box.Â If it doesnâ€™t stand on its own, use some putty or dough at the bottom of the box to keep the stick in place.Â Now your snake has a home.Â
- If you plan to take your snake out for a walk, be sure to tie a leash (or string) around its neck. Â
You wonâ€™t need to worry about bathing or feeding your snake but just be sure to give it lots of attention.
One thought on “Pet Snake”