PVC Construction Set
The summer heat is on and weâ€™ll need to find ways to keep the kids cool and occupied while outdoors.Â Your kids will gravitate toward the garden hose for sure so why not add a little science and construction to their play time.
Supplies youâ€™ll need:
- Â½â€ PVC pipe, at least one 10â€™ pole
- Connectors, a good mix of Tâ€™s, elbows, and crosses (Make sure they fit the Â½â€ pipe)
- Caps and extenders
- Garden hose adapter (Example)
- Jet sprayers, (Example, a few adjustable ones are good too.)
- Use the hacksaw (or a band saw if you own one) to cut the PVC pipe into shorter pieces.Â Here I cut one 20â€ long and the rest are 10â€.
- Sand down the edges of each tube.
- Drill holes for the sprayers.Â Note: Itâ€™s best to start small so the sprayers are able to screw in tight.Â For these 10/32 thread sprayers, I used an 11/64 bit.
- Your set is complete.Â Now your kids can start building.Â Connect the garden hose adapter and turn the water on.
Each structure you make will act differently.Â Experiment and maybe get more pipes.Â Who knows what your kids will come up with?!