We added our own flare to this oldie but goodie.Â With just a few supplies you can make this super cool Straw Glider!
Supplies for this project:
- Tissue paper
- Paper clips
- Tape (preferably double sided)
- Cut 1 strip of paper 9â€ x 1â€ and another 6â€ x 1â€.
- Create a loop with each strip and use a paperclip to hold the loops in place.
- Place a loop on each end of the straw by tucking in the smaller portion of the paperclip into the straw opening.Â Ensure the paperclips are aligned.Â The body of your glider should now look like this: Â
- Take it for a test flight.Â Throw it forward with the larger loop in back.Â Depending on the size of your straw, you might have to make adjustments to the loop sizes if it takes a nose dive.
- Now itâ€™s time to add some flare.Â Cut a 5â€ x 2â€ rectangle from some colorful tissue paper.Â Make 4â€ lengthwise cuts to create a streamer styled tail. Â
- Tape the tail to the bottom of the larger loop. Â Your straw glider is complete.
Make some for your friends and family and have a race.Â May the best glider win!