Chomping Fish Toy
Your kids will find it hard to resist this cute chomping fish toy.Â Donâ€™t worry; its bite doesnâ€™t hurt too much.
Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need for this craft:
- Construction paper
- Tape or glue
- Hole punch
- Metal fasteners/brads, 4
- Google eye (optional)
- First cut your cardboard into 4 one inch strips that are about a foot long.Â Then stack two strips and punch a hole towards the middle and at one end.Â Do the same with the other 2 strips.
- Place a fastener into the middle holes of each set.Â Then take one end of each set and place a fastener in the end holes.
- Next cut your construction paper into a fish shape.Â Make a tail and fins as well.Â Cut the main body shape in half lengthwise.Â Donâ€™t forget to make some sharp chomping teeth.
- Tape or glue the parts to one end of the toy and decorate as you wish.
- Finally, if your cardboard is too thin, cut a couple of 3-4 inch strips and tape to the handle of the toy for extra reinforcement.Â
To get your fish to chomp, hold the handles and squeeze them in and out like a big pair of scissors.Â Itâ€™s easy to switch up the design and make other things with this too.Â In fact, hereâ€™s what the prototype looked like: