Fatherâ€™s Day Card
Dadâ€™s special day is coming up soon and weâ€™ve got the coolest card to make for him.
Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need to make this light-up card:
- An LED (Example)
- A 3-volts battery (CR2032)
- Electrical tape
- Card stock
- Markers and or crayons
- Printer (optional)
- First decorate (or print) the card stock on one half.Â Then fold it in half.
- Decide where you want to place the light and use a pencil to gradually poke a hole through the cardstock.
- Then cut a piece of tape about 3â€ long.Â Fold in half and cut a square out the middle. Open the tape up and place the tape with the hole onto the positive side of the battery.Â Slide the battery in between the â€œlegsâ€ of the LED, making sure the shorter leg (cathode) is on the negative side.Â Then finish wrapping the electrical tape around to the negative side of the battery.Â Be sure the cathode has contact with the battery when taping.Â Slightly bend the LED toward the positive side of the battery.Â When you push down on the longer leg (anode) the LED will light up. If it doesn’t, make sure the anode makes contact with the battery when pushed.
- Next, gently push the LED through the hole made in step 2.Â Secure the battery on with more tape. Be sure to mark where Dad should push to activate the LED.
Have a Happy Fatherâ€™s Day from your pals at Piâ€™ikea Street!